November in the Sunlight




IMG_8870

I have been wearing this shirt and cardigan combination more than a normal amount already even though both came into my possession not even a month ago. I found the black shirt with swans on it at Target in the CLEARANCE, it was an online order that had been returned. I just knew I couldn't leave without it. It seemed like it was going to fit super long at first but turns out it was just right especially when I tuck it in. I love the loose and comfy feel of it and even if it's not 100% cotton (or even 1% cotton, for that matter- my only regret), it's quickly become a favorite. I will definitely be wearing more shirts from now on- somehow, they make me feel more put together (11 year old me would hate the fact that I'm admitting this).

IMG_8969


161616


IMG_8901




IMG_9067

Djinn Djinn is also embracing the slight change in weather by wearing the sweater I got him last year from Dr. Foster and Smith. It fits his fat little belly just perfectly. If you look closely, you'll notice his leash has tiny little shamrocks on it. I got the leash in Killarney, Ireland. I was determined not to come home without a gift for him but it seemed to be a bit of a challenge to find gift shops that sold pet items. I found this leash literally the day before I had to leave and it was on clearance (clearance and sale items seem to follow me wherever I go but I'm definitely not complaining!) 

I got the blue flats at Penneys in Ireland (a store I had been wanting to visit because I've heard so much about it). It felt like a mix between Forever 21 and H&M. It was a nice store, probably not the best quality. I hope they don't bring one to the U.S. because that would take away the special-ness (that is a word in my vocabulary....), if that makes sense. I bought the flats as an emergency pair for a super, super good price (hello again, clearance) because my walking shoes got lost with my luggage and the Chelsea boots I had were starting to hate my feet.


Details: Cardigan- Forever 21//Shirt- Target//Jeans- Calvin Klein via thrift store//Belt- vintage//Shoes- Penneys (in Ireland)//Dog- Animal Shelter

IMG_8864




8 comments

  1. Aww, I love Djinn Djinn's little outfit! Cutest sweater ever and your leash was an awesome find. I've started to put Ru in her winter sweaters in the morning, and she's so gosh darn cute! There's something especially adorable about a dog in a sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you adopted your dog from the animal shelter. All of my pets are rescued animals too. I could never buy a pet from a breeder because there are so many other unlucky animals in need of a home :) Oh yes, and I love your flats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Djinn Djinn says thank you! ;) Aw, I know, right? Dogs were made for sweaters (or vice versa). Does Ru like wearing sweaters? Djinn Djinn secretly likes it but he gives me attitude every time I try to put one on him haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! How many pets do you have? I'm the same way- I would never spend a ton of money buying a dog- it just doesn't make sense to me (although I know everyone's situation is different). And thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool that you were in Ireland, it's one of the places I really, really, really want to visit one day! Your dog is so cute, I love his sweater and I love your purple pants! :D Tops like that totally make me feel more put together and older too... probably because I am always wearing t-shirts so anything with a collar and buttons is like, "oooh, I'm so fancy today."


    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Djinn Djinn and his super cute sweater!!! He's soo cute!! (I think i say that every time he appears in one of your posts haha.) You always have great colours going on in your outfits, i love the jeans! And Penneys is where I used to work (Primark) and no, definitely not the best quality for most of it although sometimes you can be suprised! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that shirt, such a pretty print! and djinn djinn is pretty cute as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that's a lot of pets! I'm jealous. I'm not sure if I could handle more than 2 pets at a time- I've only ever had one at a time! :)

    ReplyDelete