Winter 2017 Bucket List

bluesweater
I think every year, everyone and their dog says something along the lines of "I can't believe it's already almost Christmas!" and so, for that reason, I try not to be that person. But this year, wow, I really CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALREADY ALMOST CHRISTMAS. Why does time fly by now that I'm no longer 12? I know it's not officially winter just yet but I know if I don't write this now, I might never write it. There's so many things I'm looking forward to this holiday season.



The Nutcracker. When I was little, almost every few years, I'd see some production of The Nutcracker. It's a must. Holidays are just not the same without it. I stopped seeing it for a while and last year, saw it for the first time again and realized how much I missed it. So from now on, it's going on my to-do list every Christmas. Side-note: In case you're curious like me, those Nutcrackers actually don't do well at cracking nuts at all. Had to learn this the hard way and it's safe to say, years ago, I was responsible for breaking the jaw of one innocent little Nutcracker (I'm so sorry, Mr. Nutcracker! Please forgive me....)

Christmas Market. I know Christmas Markets are a big thing in Europe but I only recently heard of them when a local Christmas Market opened. I now see why they're a big deal in Europe because they're really quite festive and fun.

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner 50th Anniversary. If you love classic films, this is a must. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (starring Sidney Poitier, Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy) celebrates its 50th anniversary this year and TCM is bringing it back to the big screen. If you're like me, you weren't even alive when this came out in theaters the first time, but it was a big deal back then (it's a comedy/drama about an interracial relationship) and I just love this film. It's still relevant to this day.  Check to see if it's coming to a US theater near you, here

Murder on the Orient Express. I didn't even remember they were making a remake of this film/book until I saw the ad for it on IMDB. I usually dislike new movies but I am a big Agatha Christie book reader and so this is one movie I'm surprisingly looking forward to (thinking about re-reading the book but why spoil it).

Home Alone in Concert. Now unfortunately this is one event I probably won't get around to simply because it's a little far from me location-wise, but Home Alone is literally one of my favorite holiday films and the thought of seeing it on the big screen while a live symphony plays all the music is just too much to handle. My inner 10 year old self would absolutely swoon.

What are you looking forward to this Winter?

No comments