A piece of my childhood: S Club 7


After the Spice Girls and The Corrs, it's safe to say that S Club 7 was my absolute favorite group. But it wasn't until the recent announcement of their reunion tour (which, by the way, I'm super jealous of everyone who lives in the UK and has a chance to go) that I really stopped to think just how big of a fan I was (am). I, along with a trillion other kids who are undoubtedly all the same age as me now, fell under the S Club spell back in the day. Not an episode or album went unnoticed. I had the dolls (even the singing ones that would randomly start singing in the night). Tina was my favorite. I was also an avid member of both their US and UK websites during the time when computers were still relatively new and as a result, I pretty much associate everything I first learned on a computer with S Club 7. I even remember the S Club 7 message boards and that weird period of time when many fans were convinced they were in contact with the members of the group. I remember the supposed fan email address that was meant to be kept a "secret": it was vivasclub@hotmail.com and while it was convincing then, somebody had to have been awfully cruel to pull such a prank on us die-hard fans. But, it was all fun and games while it lasted.

After seeing their recent performance online at Children in Need and hearing of their upcoming reunion, it sparked so many great memories of my wonderful childhood. Now, excuse me while I go dig out every SC7 album I own and hunt down any episodes I can find on YouTube...

And, just for the record, my top 7 S Club 7 songs are:

-I'll Be There 
-Don't Stop Movin'
-Cross My Heart
-I'll Keep Waiting
-Stand By You
-Summertime Feeling
-Discotek (see, this should prove how much of a fan I was...this song is a bit hard to find)

P.S. I just remembered I bought a copy of their movie "Seeing Double" a hundred years ago at the Dollar store and I've yet to watch it! 



3 comments

  1. Ohh man I loved them too! Loll. I even used to watch their awful show on fox family . It was awesome. At the time. They had such great pop music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the Corrs. The beautiful, beautiful Corrs (SMTV;)) As much as I love SClub7, I don't think I shall be attending the tour, I think the CiN performance was enough.

    Amy at www.amynmore.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I saw that on youtube a long time ago and laugh every time- that skit is so true (poor Jim is always ignored)

    Aw, well, at least you don't feel the need to see them- If I lived there, I would see them only if the price was right. :)

    ReplyDelete