Any Way the Wind Blows: a day of kite flying

Photo Jul 10, 1 13 58 AM
july-kite
b-w-kite
kite flying
blue top
Photo Jul 11, 1 06 41 AM

You'll have to excuse me for being a bit MIA lately. It's summer and all I feel like doing is being outdoors or reading a book - just me?

First time flying a kite since I was about 7. I really don't know why this is only about the 2nd time in my life I've flown a kite. I guess it's one of those activities that you forget to do but when you do, it instantly brings a joy that you didn't realize was missing. It really brought me into a peaceful state of mind when just hours before I had been worried and restless like the adulting adult that society is forcing me to be. I realize how important it is to just let go and be free...

8 comments

  1. Nice post! I agree wholeheartedly, kite flying is so peaceful and liberating. Even watching the others at the beach is relaxing. Everyone should partake in this simple pleasure every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love watching people flying kites at the beach. :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't flown a kite in years! You've made me want to head out to buy one now!

    Sweet Serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally feel wanting to step outside and take a break from blogging! May as well soak up summer right!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete