If you haven't seen these 5 films, we can't be friends

*Disclaimer: These are all classic films. I don't live in the 21st century so you won't see me posting about The Hunger Games or Fifty Shades of Grey any time soon... #SorryNotSorry



The Ugly Dachshund: I just can't tell you how much I love this movie. Had I discovered it sooner, it would've been a favorite for much longer. BUT! Better late than never. If you like dogs, cute story lines, and classic Disney, this is a must-see. There's nothing more relaxing than watching this film with your own little (or big) furry friend sitting on your lap. This film makes me want to adopt all the dachshunds in the world...


Summer Magic: Another highly underrated classic Disney film (oops, sorry about that, it was unintentional to choose another Disney film). Hayley Mills is my all-time favorite actress. I just always associate her with all the happy Disney movies from childhood and Summer Magic is no exception. The songs are ridiculously catchy and as usual, I'm drawn to it simply because it's such a feel-good story. It makes me long for my very own yellow farm house in the countryside of Maine...


To Sir, with Love: If this film had been made any other time period instead of the 60's, I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. The time period and location (UK) is what makes this film stand out for me. I love the whole style of this film, the girls have the coolest fashions I wish I could recreate. And of course the storyline grabs my attention- it's very inspiring and even heartwarming at times. Plus, the tune that's played throughout the film is super catchy... to sirrrr, with lovvvvve


The Quiet Man: I'm not normally a fan of John Wayne films (they're usually all so western cowboy-ish and I'm just not into that) but this one is different and I was pleasantly surprised. First of all, I'm a huge fan of Maureen O'Hara (Miracle on 3th Street, The Parent Trap) and her Irish feisty-ness, plus, the film takes place in Ireland, so, really, need I say more? The scenery is fantastic and the story line is quite engaging as well. It's on Netflix right now, so you really have no excuse...


13 Ghosts: I am rarely drawn to horror films. But I made an exception with this one, especially since it's black and white (I love black and white films) and there is no sight of fake blood. The story is also quite entertaining. It has enough suspense to make it a horror film but enough charm to remind you that it's a classic.

I don't suppose you've seen any of these films? Do you ever watch classic films or am I just completely uncool? If it's the latter, somehow, I'm okay with that... ;)


** Original image sources were difficult to find. Hate when that happens because I feel like a thief.

No comments