Castle in the Sky

If you've been reading my blog for a while now, first of all, thank you very much for sticking with me and secondly, you might remember that last year I had the privilege of swimming in the pool of California's famous Hearst castle. Well, once again, I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to visit the castle for a swim but this time I only dipped a few toes into the freezing cold water as opposed to last year where my whole body took a swim (just so I could say that I've swam in the famous pool- you know, that whole "once in a lifetime"  kinda thing).

Instead of swimming, I decided to just take it all in and do a bit of day dreaming (and picture taking, of course). I can't even imagine what it would be like to be rich enough to live in a place like this. I actually don't think I would like it that much (as weird as that sounds). Being so rich would get boring fast. Imagine being able to buy anything and everything- I don't think I would appreciate the small things as much if I lived like that. I would probably also feel extremely paranoid about not being able to trust anyone around me (they'd probably all want to kill me for my money- okay, maybe I read too many murder mysteries!) I'm not saying I would enjoy being poor but I think somewhere in the middle is just fine with me.



With that said, one thing I could definitely imagine is dressing fabulously just like the ladies did during the 1920's & 30's when all the glamorous movie stars were invited to dine and relax at the Hearst castle. Imagine being able to dress up all fancy with strings of pearls, silk gowns, and red lipstick while taking a walk around the pool with the sunset in clear view. Perfectly dreamy, if you ask me.

IMG_1141
IMG_1177
IMG_1208
IMG_1180

Once I snapped back to reality and returned home to my comfy PJs and sipping tea, I decided to sit back and upload all the pictures from my day's events. I was a bit disappointed to find that the four pictures I asked my dad to take of me smiling by the castle poolside were nowhere to be found. It turns out he didn't press the camera button hard enough so he never actually took the pictures (gotta make myself  a mental note to teach him how to use the DSLR). Hilarious but annoying at the same time. Now it seems as if I never was there! Or maybe I never was there. Maybe I was just dreaming all along...

IMG_1211

7 comments

  1. Hello from Spain: the castle and the pool is wonderful. What envy! Enjoy .. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I agree completely, being filthy rich isn't all its cracked up to be, but I still on the occasion dream of winning the Lotto! Haha.. Aw that is kind of frustrating about the photos your dad took. Parents, gotta love em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a lovely pool. The blue waters are very in inviting. Makes me think about the times of kings and queens. It would probably be nice to be rich. But if ever I do become filthy rich, one of the things that I'd definitely enjoy doing is disguise myself to be a commoner and live among the poor and secretly help whenever I can. It's like having superpowers.

    I remember when I handed my sister my DSLR to take pictures in a party. She accidentally set it to manual focus so all the pictures were blurred. hahahha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely love disguising myself to help people as well if I were rich! I think I've seen a few movies like that.

      Delete
  4. Somewhere in the middle would be just fine for me as well, I totally agree with you on the being rich thing. It'd be nice but I would definitely get bored fast. These pictures look like something from a holiday magazine, the place is stunning- what I would do to be there right now instead of this horrible wet country!

    Ah parents! They're annoying but adorable all at the same time.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow so magnificent!!

    http://wishuponasmile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete