Easter Weekend Getaway (Part 2)

I look like a little tiny Polly Pocket doll here- look at how short my legs appear to be! haha

There's no denying that this little California valley lakeside town is a beautiful place to see and photograph from a nature point of view (unless you're a city slicker, then you'd be bored in 3 minutes). I definitely don't consider myself a city slicker but I have to admit, I was feeling a bit homesick after being there for only a few hours (Okay, I admit this was partly because I had no access to Wi-Fi). Seriously, though. Time seemed to stop while I was there. What I thought was 7pm was actually only 2pm. The ride to the town was literally a never-ending curvy road that made me feel woozy and when we finally reached the town, it was a bit sleepy, with road construction interfering with the central part of the tourist attraction area. And of course, as you all know, the hotel was a bit silly.


I guess the reason why visiting this town wasn't that exciting was because the place where I currently live (on the beautiful central coast) is a huge tourist attraction (way more so than the lakeside town) and living here on a daily basis never gets tiring- it actually feels like a getaway vacation every day (even a trip to the post office doesn't feel like a chore). I have amazing scenery surrounding me regularly, plus access to Wi-Fi, and easy access to the likes of Target and Trader Joe's (you know, basic comforts/little luxuries that truly make life enjoyable). So stepping into the lakeside town without any of the usual comforts was just a bit harsh and unfamiliar. After several hikes, drives, and picnic-like lunches, I just didn't know what else to do (and I'm not one who gets bored easily). I suppose if I would've had my bike with me, it would've been wonderful to take a long bike ride along the lake- of course, my little dog Djinn Djinn wouldn't have apprciated that (the little fun sucker).



All minor dislikes aside, however, I'm glad I visited yet another new place in this fabulous state we call California. I may not be a world traveler yet but I do a lot of traveling within my world. I'm sure I'll be back soon (as my dad is a huge outdoors man guy person...human) but this time I'll bring plenty of books, Wi-Fi, and if I could, I'd bring Disneyland...just to sparkle it up a bit. ;) Have you ever been to a place that you thought was going to be exciting but turned out to be a bit disappointing?



17 comments

  1. These pictures are so amazing! But I can imagine that it might be a little boring if you don't have any books and stuff like that. We obviously don't have these amazing landscapes in Belgium but my boyfriend and me went camping once and we made tree huts and stuff like that... (yep, we're in our twenties). Hahaha!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine that it would get boring, as you're so used to having wifi etc... And then going somewhere where wifi isn't available. But these pictures are really nice :))

    Beauty/fashion blog
    http://aroundthedaisy.blogspot.com.es/2013/04/friends-in-pictures-1.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, these photos are stunning!! Love your green jumper also! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always so colourful and radiant :)) Well, the Topes region in Cuba (I shared this region recently) was very beautiful but one day was enough in my opinion. We spent one day hiking amidst waterfalls---beautifullll but then the following day there wasn't much to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those landscape are so beautiful !

    Have a lovely day !
    Charlie xx
    http://charliesmakeupboxes.blogspot.fr/
    http://charlieslifeexplorations.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. Please take me to the sun. So cold out here. Beautiful..

    Adiex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much ! I do it for fun too, I find it super relaxing !

    Have a nice day !
    Charlie xx
    http://charliesmakeupboxes.blogspot.fr/
    http://charlieslifeexplorations.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. "It's always sunny"...oh I wish I could say that about the UK! Lovely photos, it looks so relaxing! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the scenery looks great and i'd love to have a dog to take to places like this. i went to a place called Coral Castle and it was very boring -__- not a castle at all haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh. That place looks so stunning! The lake and mountains look breathtaking! Fun and beautiful photos! And cute dog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, sunny pictures. And that blue colour is dreamy!


    Love,
    Shubhi's Revels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful pictures! i bet you had a great time there! ;D

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful place!! and your dog iss sooo cute!!

    fromkirstyloves.blogspot.co.uk

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have nominated you for the versatile blogger awards, you can see my post here:

    http://primeministeroffun.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    I hope you will nominate me too if you like what you see
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such amazing pictures, I envy you so much about living in california, its my dream to go there one day! :)

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such amazing pictures, I envy you so much about living in california, its my dream to go there one day! :)

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful place! www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete