California Mission Santa Ines

photo 2 (3)


photo 1 (3)


77745


Here in California, most elementary schools teach students about the California Missions which are a group of 21 Catholic churches spread throughout the state that were built in the late 1700's to mid 1800's. You can see a list of all the Missions here. They are all quite unique.

One of the required school projects in 4th grade was to create a miniature model of one of the Missions of our choice. It was such a fun art project- I still have mine because basically I'm a hoarder like that. The Mission I created is called San Luis Rey de Francia and unfortunately I have yet to see it in person but it's definitely a goal of mine- I hope to see all of the California Missions eventually.

photo 3 (3)





photo 4 (2)

Mission Santa Ines is located in Solvang and it's honestly the most beautiful one I've seen yet. The grounds are so pretty with so much sunlight and vivid flowers all around. I completely forgot to go into the actual main chapel area but I did go into the gift shop. Even if you're not religious, I think the Missions are such nice places to visit because they represent so much of California's history (the good and the bad) and especially if you studied them in 4th grade you're more likely to have a special connection to them (or maybe that's just me...)

76223


photo 5





photo 3

No comments