Dream homes


I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: one of my big hobbies lately (if you can call it a hobby) is surfing the web viewing houses that are for sale around the USA, particularly on the East Coast. After grabbing a hot drink (yes, I'm one of those people), I sit back, and browse through Zillow for hours admiring super old houses that are exploding with charm and unique beauty that you just can't find in today's homes (there I go again aging myself about 70 years). I like to imagine what it would be like to live in every house that catches my eye. In most of these homes, I could picture myself on a snowy day sitting by the fireplace with Djinn Djinn at my feet while waiting for the chocolate chip cookies to finish baking in the large but quaint kitchen filled with huge windows to let the winter sunshine in. After, we'd take a walk outside (I'm sure Djinn Djinn would hate the snow so I'd probably end up carrying him) and I would just sit on the porch with a large mug of hot chocolate (with a mountain of whipped cream on top). In the summer days, we'd have picnics every day and take way too many pictures of colorful flowers surrounding the house. 

...can you tell I watch way too many Disney films. 


While I'm a long way off from buying my own home (not even sure yet where I would buy a home- of course I have ultimate dreams of owning a small castle in Ireland but sometimes I feel a large farmhouse in Vermont or a Victorian home in some similar state would suffice), I like to imagine all sorts of scenarios about where I'll eventually end up.


Things on my dream home wishlist:

::must be an old house (preferably built before 1900) 
::glass door knobs are a major bonus
::a room for everything (i.e. library, a study, an attic)
::lots of natural light in every room
::several acres for Djinn Djinn to run around like a maniac and to have room for a few other farm-ish animals
::stained glass windows are a plus
::a hidden room would be so exciting
::built-in bookcases
::window seats
::a turret would be amazing



What about you? What kind of house do you picture yourself in someday?  



P.S. All photos were taken from Zillow. I don't own any of the photos, obviously. Although, one day, I might own the actual home...



No comments