My Personal Style Icons

If I had to describe my style in several words, it would be quirky but classy and comfortable. I try to dress appropriately for every occasion whether it's for a wedding or a trip to the beach. I've always liked to experiment with clothing and accessories (not in a Lady Gaga kind of way, though, I'm afraid...) and even though I feel that my high school years were my most stylish yet, I'm slowly gaining back my desire to look put together. Over the years, my style has changed so much (as I'm sure most people do) and along the way I've had much inspiration from a few of these famous faces.
via























The Spice Girls: If you don't know by now, I'm the hugest Spice Girls fan ever (EVER). I'm not even ashamed to admit that. They were pretty much the definition of my childhood since I was 11. Every thing I did or thought revolved around them in some way (okay that sounds weirdly obsessive but it wasn't an unhealthy obsession- I just really love what they stood for (GIRL POWER!) and their image and personalities and just...everything!). As far as their style/fashion sense, I admired each for their individuality and their love of color as well as their ridiculous shoe collection (a kid in my class once said that he heard they killed people with their monstrous shoes and I actually believed him! What a weird kid). I could go on and on about how fabulous the Spice Girls are but you know, we've gotta move on to my next style icon... 

via
Audrey Hepburn was so much more than just Breakfast at Tiffany's and anyone who doesn't list her as one of their style icons is just crazy. ;) Almost everything about her is admirable but her style, of course, is just something truly special that no other celebrity has been able to match. I love that she looked glamorous (for lack of a better word) in dresses, jeans, or bare feet. Her quiet confidence intertwined perfectly with her fashion sense, creating a truly unforgettable image.
via




















Kate Middleton. I never cared much for the Royals. I never paid attention. Back when Princess Diana was super famous, I was too young to understand who she really was. Enter, Kate Middleton. I think it's safe to say she's one of the classiest ladies in the public eye at the moment and I just absolutely love her for that. People can argue that the Royals do absolutely nothing for the world or their country but I beg to differ. Kate Middleton is such a great representation of Britain (as opposed to the people who "represent" the USA- The Kardashians? uh, no thanks- although no disrespect to those of you who are fans). I think while there is so much negativity in the media these days, it's nice to see the Royals celebrating life and spreading positive images.
via





Stacy London. You may or may not have noticed that most of the people I've listed happen to be British. Call me crazy, but I don't really keep up with American celebrities or culture- it doesn't interest me much. But if I had to choose the classiest and most fashionable female American celebrity, it would be without a doubt Stacy London who co-hosts the show "What Not To Wear". Most of you probably haven't heard of her but she definitely knows how to dress. I was lucky enough to see her in person a couple of years ago and she's just as fabulous as I always imagined. If only there were more Americans that dressed like her...

If you couldn't tell, I really admire classy people (women and men). And yes, I actually would consider the Spice Girls classy compared to what young people have as role models these days (I know, I sound 80 years old). Class is such a rare trait nowadays so when I find it, I cling on to it and analyze it from all angles because apart from kindness and intellectual-ism (so not a word...), being classy in all aspects, is what I will always strive to be...

Who are your style icons? 

16 comments

  1. Am I forgiven for not listing Audrey Hepburn as one of my style icons (if I even have any of those) if I'd definitely list Katharine Hepburn? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well in my eyes, all the Hepburns are classy & stylish so yes, you are forgiven ;)

      Delete
  2. Kate Middleton is gorgeous I am so SO jealous of her, I don't really tend to look at celebrities as style icons (not in a 'im to cool for that shit' kind of way I just never really thought about it!) but I do like Kate Middleton and Alexa Chung. The spice girls are hilarious!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great icons! I love Kate Middleton and Audrey Hepburn they are amazing! I would list them on mine for sure! I would also list Olivia Palermo, she always looks put-together and classy. Classy is so important, I strive for it too.

    I love Victoria Beckham, I never really paid too much attention to the spice girls but they do all have great style! And I love watching what not to wear, it's such a fun show!

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post!
    http://pink-puffins.blogspot.in/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I grew up on the spice girls too :) I think if I see a pair of white boots I will forever think of baby spice haha! I love Audrey Hepburn's style too, she was such a classy dresser and made everything look so stylish and effortless. I would say my style icons at the moment, although they change a lot!, are Blake Lively, Natalie Portman and Rosie HW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Stacy London! What not to wear is one of my favorite shows! So sad it's their last season. Audrey has always been one of my favorite style icons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed this post - Stacy London has been one of my style icons since the show started! So sad it's ending :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. I sure agree with Audrey Hepburn the most! Got to love the spice girls too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Victoriaaa!! I'm back, FINALLY!! I loved this post! Something else we have in common...Spice Girls Love! I think that if you were born in the late 80s, early 90s you must have been hit with Spice Mania! I always ended up as Posh or Sporty Spice at school coz of my brown locks :) To be honest I did not know who Stacy London is, but now I do thanks to you! My style icons are Sofia Loren, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, Nicole Scherzinger and Kim K. I do love their bling bling style :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spice Girls for inspiration definitely second that! I can still remember watching their movie on VCR >< definitely a blast from the past, may have to put on some spice girls music now ;)

    Definitely agree with the duchess of cambridge, I swear all her pictures just EXUDE class and elegance. I love this post, your way of writing is really easy to read as well (which sounds a bit weird) but I mean it in a good way! ^^

    Biancarosa
    xoxo

    http://beancah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're a girl after my own heart Victoria! Classy style icons all the way for me too. I never thought of the Spice Girls like that before, but they were definitely way classier than any of today's role models. One of my style icons who is American is Leighton Meester. Ok, I admit it, Blair Waldorf is a major girl crush! I adore Kate Middleton and her style too, everything about her is classy and beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Audrey Hepburn's style--I think I've always looked to her a little bit because we have the similar boyish figure, and short brown hair, brown eyes. It's nice to get a little fashion inspiration from someone who looks a little bit more like me than the tall blonde curvaceous beauties often seen around hollywood! :)

    ReplyDelete